Beach houses are a fun getaway. Look at your vacation home for any potential risks and hazards just as you do in your primary residence.
It doesn’t matter if your beach home is in Malibu or the Caribbean. Bugs, sunburns, and an assortment of other perils lurk everywhere. To keep your family and guests safe while they enjoy an amazing time at the beach, here are a few tips:
Beach Safety Tips
- Equip your home with a quality first-aid kit and fire extinguishers.
- Some beach house communities have rules and regulations regarding open fires on the beach. In the absence of these regulations, try and use common sense to keep everyone safe while enjoying a campfire at the beach.
- The basic rules of water safety still apply at the beach: never swim alone, never leave children unattended, never swim while impaired. Be aware of riptides, water currents and summer storms.
- If you’re going to be taking the family boat out, remember do not drink and drive. Follow the laws and rules of the Coast Guard. Everyone on board must wear a life jacket at all times.
- If you see any wildlife use common sense. You are a guest in their habitat.
For all of your homeowners insurance inquiries, please contact your team at Hoffman Brown Company in Sherman Oaks, California. We are happy to be of service and we wish you a great summer!