Westside Community Alert: Increased Number of Break-Ins
Westside communities should take note that there are has been an increased number of attempted and successful burglaries in the area. The suspects typically knock or ring the doorbell to verify if anyone is home. When there is no answer, the suspects will enter the side or rear of the residence and force entry, typically by smashing the window or door glass to gain entry. Suspects are targeting the master bed and bath as well as other areas of the home and removing cash, jewelry, valuables, and small electrical devices.
To better protect your property, put these tips into practice:
- Install surveillance/security cameras. Link them to your phone so that you get notified when they sense motion.
- Ensure that security alarms are in good working order and set when not at home, no matter if you’re leaving for 20 minutes or 2 days.
- Consider hiring a private patrol alarm response to enhance your current alarm and security system.
- Install motion sensor lighting around your home to illuminate dark places.
- Ensure all gates and access points to the side or rear of the residence are locked and secured.
- Ensure that all doors and windows are locked and secured with sturdy locks.
- Make it look like you’re home even when you’re not.
- Look out for your neighbors and ask them to do the same. If you spot suspicious activity around their property, call 911 immediately.
At Hoffman Brown Company, we are always on the lookout for more information on how our clients can stay safe and protected. We are ready and waiting to help you find reliable and responsible insurance for your property. Contact us today to get started!