Time to Say Hello to 2015 & Goodbye to 2014!
It is almost time to welcome 2015 with a spectacular greeting! As we prepare to turn the page to a New Year, it becomes increasingly more important that we relay some vital safety tips for traveling on this notoriously dangerous day. In addition to providing you with tips for getting a safe ride home, we have added a few interesting facts about how people on the other side of the world celebrate the arrival of the New Year:
Getting a Safe Ride Home:
- There is no excuse for getting behind the wheel if you have been drinking alcohol or are impaired by any substance, especially on one of the most dangerous driving days of the year. Uber and Lyft, taxi services that have accompanying smartphone applications, allow you to call for a safe ride home through an easy-to-use app on your phone!
- If you and your friends will be attending all of the same holiday get-togethers, make an alternating system where each of you drives to a different party so everyone can enjoy themselves!
- If you have absolutely no way home, it is well worth it to invest in a hotel to stay for the evening. While you may be inclined to pass up on spending $100+ for a hotel, consider the $10,000+ that you would spend for a DUI and the lifelong guilt you would feel if you caused a fatal accident.
Fun Facts about Ringing in the New Year:
- The ball in Times Square, New York has dropped every year since 1907, except in 1942 and 1943 due to wartime restrictions.
- Black-eyed peas, cabbage, and ham should be eaten on New Year’s Eve for good luck, and lobster and chicken should be avoided because they are said to bring bad luck.
- The Sydney Harbor Bridge New Year’s Eve Celebration in Australia is said to be the biggest celebration, with over 80,000 fireworks used in their annual show.
Happy New Year from our family to yours! We hope you celebrate safely and responsibly! Contact Hoffman Brown Company in Sherman Oaks for all of your California insurance needs.