Swimming This Summer? Use This Pool Safety Guide
We have been experiencing a heat wave, and you have probably been looking for ways to get reprieve from the higher temperatures. The pool offers you just that, plus the opportunity to get in some rest and relaxation poolside and have a good time with your kids.
So you can enjoy your summer by the pool stress-free, use these pool safety tips.
- If you have a pool in your backyard, enclose it with a fence that has a self-closing and self-latching gate. This perimeter fence should be at least six feet tall. It will prevent children and pets from getting dangerously near the water unsupervised.
- Even if your children have swam before and are equipped with flotation devices, do not leave them unsupervised. There should always be at least one adult supervising children when they are playing in or near the water.
- Teach your children never to dive in the shallow end of the pool. Practicing and continually encouraging safe pool entry can help them avoid serious injury.
- Take the minimal amount of time it requires to get CPR certified. Knowing how to respond in the face of an emergency can mean the difference between life and death.
- Enroll your children in formal swim lessons as soon as they are physically and emotionally ready. Pediatricians recommend swim lessons as young as age one because they significantly reduce children’s risk of drowning.
- Keep toys that could be tempting for pets and kids away from the pool’s edge.
We hope this guide helps you enjoy your summer without worry! To help provide you with more peace of mind, we are here to help craft the right California coverage to protect you and your family. Contact Hoffman Brown Company today to learn more about how our Sherman Oaks team can help you safeguard your summer.