Safety & Loss Prevention
Safety and loss prevention services are important processes in all insurance programs. At Hoffman Brown Company, we believe that by assisting our clients in their safety and loss prevention activities, we are better able to assist in minimizing their exposures and reducing their insurance costs. This effort, led by our in-house Risk Management professionals, can provide assistance in the following areas:
- Physical inspections of your facilities to identify hazards and make recommendations to reduce or eliminate the exposure. Our Loss Control professionals have over 40 years of experience in helping clients in these areas.
- Work with your safety committee and/or safety coordinator to identify issues that are causing losses. Once recognized, we work on eliminating the causes through education, training and physical corrections. Continued monitoring is provided to insure adequate corrective measures have been taken.
- Review of your Injury and Illness Prevention Program to insure compliance with OSHA.
- We believe that consistent positive employee training has an impact on your workforce. We will provide best practices training that help them incorporate safety into everything they do.
- Assistance with training materials, program compliance materials and training aids.
- Workers Compensation Claims Management is an extremely important aspect of any Risk management program. We know that when a claim occurs, the longer the claim remains open, the more expensive it will be. Additionally, your most valuable asset, your worker, is missing from performing his/her tasks. We will monitor open claims to insure they are being promptly and efficiently handled. This is accomplished through regular communications with our client and the insurance carrier.
- Claims can be reviewed with the client and adjuster prior to Unit Stat filings each year. The Unit Stat filings determine your Experience Modification Factor (ExMod) for the coming year and can have a tremendous impact on your Workers Comp costs. Careful review will insure that your Ex Mod is as low as possible.
We at Hoffman Brown are committed to assisting our clients in controlling their loss exposures. Let us show you how we can make a difference.
For more information or to request a portfolio review, please click here.
If you are interested in a position, please click here.
The information contained on this page is provided for informational and educational purposes only. The descriptions of coverages listed on this website are brief and subject to the provisions, limitations, and exclusions that can only be expressed in your policy and related endorsements. Additionally, this site contains only general information on insurance issues and may not reflect the most current developments in insurance coverage and is unlikely to apply in all factual scenarios. The information does not include all the terms, coverages, exclusions, limitations or conditions that may be contained in the actual insurance contract language. The policies themselves must be read for those details.