If you’ve ever added a teen driver to your insurance policy, you know how much it costs! While there’s no way to avoid an increased auto insurance premium, there are some steps that you can take to help save you money each month. Keep these tips in mind to help keep the cost of your auto insurance low when adding your teen driver to your policy!
- Work with an independent agent. The best way to save on your auto insurance premiums is to work with an independent agent, so that they’re able to compare policies from different insurance providers.
- Look for discounts. Your independent insurance agent will be able to let you know about any discounts you qualify for, including a low-mileage driver or good student discount, which is for teens that have at least a “B” average in school.
- Choose the right car. If your teen has a separate vehicle, make sure that it’s as safe as possible. Choose a car that has a high safety rating and the latest equipment.
- Stress the importance of safe driving. Before allowing your child to drive on their own, make sure they know the consequences of dangerous driving.
- Increase your deductibles. To decrease monthly premiums, raise your deductibles. However, keep in mind that the higher your deductible, the more you will have to pay out-of-pocket if you’re ever involved in an accident.
- Ask about discounts, such as a multiple-car or multiple-policy discounts to help decrease the overall cost of your auto insurance policy.
Contact Hoffman Brown Company in Sherman Oaks, California for all of your auto insurance needs when adding a teen driver to your policy.