Drones are causing quite the stir in the insurance world.
Drone insurance is a great idea in case there is an accident involving the drone. If you derive income from the use of your drone, insuring it can save you as opposed to not insuring it.
Also, by acquiring insurance it may help you to close a deal with a client that may not want to work with someone who is not insured. The absolute worst case scenario is that you’ve got peace of mind should something happen to your drone.
Insuring a drone is a relatively new concept. There are still many unanswered questions regarding this industry ever since they became open to the public.
Did you know?
- If you use your drone as a recreational hobby, you probably don’t need to spend the extra dollars on insurance. That is, as long as you’re flying it at home. However, please contact your insurance agent to confirm this information.
What is drone insurance?
Like all other insurance policies, it will provide coverage for damages done to or caused by the drone. Due to its adolescence as an industry, unlike other insurance policies, the “standard” has yet to form.
What types of incidents are covered?
Below are a few of the accidents that are covered should your drone be involved in an accident:
- Manufacturer Product Liability
- Third Party Legal Liability
- Premises Liability
- Coverage for aircraft operators, including other non-pilot, on-ground crew
- Aviation and Premises Medical Payments
- Fire Legal Liability
- Loss or damage to the UAV and associated equipment
How to get insured?
To get your drone insured be sure to contact Hoffman Brown Company in Sherman Oaks, California. We’ll get you the perfect policy that matches your budget and your needs whether they be commercial or just recreational.